At AluFoldDirect, we have a dedicated bi-fold manufacturing process which delivers you a precisely manufactured door ready to fit straight away. The best way to do this is to have exact measurements of the hole, so we can precisely manufacture a door that’s the perfect fit to make your installation go more smoothly.
- Build/prepare the space where the aluminium bi-fold door will be fitted
- Measure the hole, brick to brick
- Order your made to measure bi-fold door from AluFoldDirect
- Your bi-fold door is delivered in one week unglazed and two weeks glazed, ready to fit straight away, right first time.
Measuring the space after it has been built eliminates the guess work and guarantees a right first time fit for your aluminium bi-fold doors. This will remove installation issues on site and help ensure you get paid, on time.
Once your bi-fold arrives, follow these four easy steps to install:
- Soak the gasket in a bucket of warm soapy water
- Check the outer frame is installed 100 percent level and square – ensuring all four sides are levels and that the diagonals are identical
- Fully toe & heel every sealed unit, this is crucial, to stop the sashes from dropping
- Install threshold gasket last
If you’re just starting out fitting bi-fold doors, or want a reminder of the best way to do it, print off our free guide to installing aluminium bi-fold doors. You can keep a copy in the van, stick it on the wall in the office or even print out copies to pass around the site so everyone knows about the best way to fit bi-fold doors.
Adding aluminium bi-fold doors to your product range
Aluminium is a big opportunity for growth for installers. Adding aluminium bi-fold doors to your offering will help you to meet demands from homeowners. Our aluminium bi-fold doors can also be matched in with our aluminium slimline windows range for seamless design throughout.
For more information, check out our five reasons to choose aluminium bi-fold doors.